Like any new topic or language that you want to learn, it’s always better if you have some basic knowledge about a few of the concepts beforehand. There are somethings that can really boost your ability to retain concepts and understand them. They are quite a few:
- Have a good understanding of Python 3 as Machine Learning is mostly coded using Python. It’s not required to master it but at least you should reach to the point where you are capable of writing one line loops, understand nested structures, work with modules, OOPS Concept in Python, Working with Tuples and List Slices etc.
- Have a fairly decent knowledge of middle to high school Geometry.
- Decent understanding of High School Mathematics.
- Basics of Linear Algebra
- Learn how to work with popular Scientific Libraries and Compute Libraries such as Numpy, Scipy, Scikit-Learn, sklearn, tflearn, pandas etc.
- Learn and get familiar the common Scientific and Mathematical notations like ∑, ∫, ∏, etc which make reading Scientific Research Papers very easy.
- Get used to learning with limited resources, some aspects of Machine Learning aren’t well documented, so you may have to scourge the internet to find relatively easy explanations.
- Get familiar with Data Structures
According to me, these were the useful things that can drastically increase your learning rate. However, this is not a compulsory thing to learn. It just helps you in the long run.
If you ask me, Udemy is the best source for such content at a decent price. It’s definitely worth trying it. all my knowledge that I am going to present here has been gained by watching Udemy courses.
Anyways, thank you so much and have a nice day! 🙂